DermatologistOnCall makes it easy to get checked.
If you have 10 minutes and a computer, tablet or smartphone, then you have quick and easy access to a U.S. board-certified dermatologist anytime and from anywhere.
Here’s How It Works
Five Important Facts About Skin Cancer
- Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer diagnosed in the U.S.
- Current estimates indicate that one in five Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetimes.
- Melanoma is the most common form of cancer for young adults 25-29 years old, and it is the second most common form of cancer for adolescents and young adults 15-29 years old.
- Among young adults between 20-39 years old, melanoma is the second most common invasive cancer, behind only breast cancer.
- According to the American Cancer Society, 80-percent of skin cancer biopsies are found to be benign. And those that are discovered to be cancerous are the easiest of all cancers to treat successfully … provided they are detected early.
Check out these websites to learn more about skin cancer risk factors, prevention, treatment, and more:
Let one of our highly qualified dermatologists put your mind at ease by either assuring you have nothing to worry about or getting you the prompt care you need to get back on the path to good health.