Treat acne today for clear skin this spring
Winter’s last days are finally here! The snow is thawing. We’re looking forward to sunny days and all the excitement spring has to offer. Today sweaters and coats are daily wardrobe staples. However, it’s a matter of weeks before we find ourselves in prom dresses, tuxedos, bridal gowns, and graduation robes. You may be ready to get married, grab your diploma, or just get out of the house today - but is your skin?
With so many big events on the calendar, March is the perfect time to make sure your skin is ready to spring forward.
Acting now is the best way to ensure clear skin for the most photographed moments of the year. Why? Because many medications - especially those for acne - can take several weeks or months to work. Starting a regimen now with a dermatologist online will have you looking and feeling your best in time for your big event.
Some important things to remember:
- The best way to tackle acne is to work with a board-certified dermatologist. Over-the-counter (OTC) treatments are oftentimes not enough to treat acne, but they are a powerful addition to a regimen that includes both OTC and prescribed medications. And, because there are several acne types, there are also many different ways to treat it. Enlisting a professional to diagnose and treat the specific form of acne you have is critical to clearing it up once and for all.
- Give your acne treatment time to work. Even with highly-effective products, you won’t start to see improvement for a few weeks. Fortunately, you have 30 days after your visit to discuss your results with your online dermatologist. That’s why it’s important to start your recommended regime as soon as possible.
- Don’t product hop. Not only does it take time for acne products to work their clear skin magic, applying a different serum, cream, or scrub to your face every few days can make breakouts even worse.
- Hands off. No picking, popping, or touching! Popping pimples will not make your skin clear faster. It will cause post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and scarring.
- Help your skin doctor by becoming a spin doctor. Spin cycle, that is. Wash sheets, pillowcases, masks, hats, and anything else that comes into contact with the parts of your body affected by acne frequently. It’s shocking how much pore-clogging gunk can build up on frequently touched surfaces. In fact, it’s best if you switch to a clean pillowcase every other night.
With DermatologistOnCall, you can get online acne treatment (or help with any of the 3,000+ skin, hair, and nail conditions our doctors treat) from your phone, laptop, or other mobile devices. In an average of 24 hours, you’ll have a diagnosis, treatment plan, and prescriptions sent to the pharmacy of your choice if necessary. Picture-perfect skin is just a click away.